Workforce members are individually responsible for maintaining compliance with Privacy training requirements.
The trainings that are required to be completed by ALL Faculty are:
- HIPAA & Privacy: General Awareness and UF Confidentiality Agreements- annually
- FERPA Basics- annually
- Maintaining a Safe and Respectful Campus – every 2 years
- Compliance: A Collaboration for Success – every 2 years
- Effort Fundamentals – every 3 years
The trainings that are required based on relevance of work related activities:
HSC Research Billing Risks- every 2 years
IRB Mandatory Training
Bloodborne Pathogen/ Biomedical Waste Training- annually
Biomedical Waste Training- annually
Protecting Social Security Numbers- annually
The Research Training Utility is a tool that helps faculty, staff and students identify what mandatory training must be completed in order to conduct research at the University of Florida. The link to this tool can be found here
Instructions on how to access myTraining, and complete mandatory compliance training modules:
Training can be accessed through the myUFL system by selecting Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > myTraining > Search (top right corner) > You can either search by title or course code.
•Go to HR’s MyTraining site
• Select University of Florida if you are a UF employee or student or receive a check from a UF DSO, OR Select UF Health Shands if you receive a paycheck from Shands.
• Log in to myTraining using your GatorLink account.
For technical assistance with training, please contact:
UF Training & Organizational Development
Phone: (352) 392-4626