The Faculty Governance Council (FGC) is comprised of faculty and the college administration who together make policy relevant to the faculty. In general, either the faculty, through the FGC, or the Administration brings policy recommendations to one another for the purpose of developing policy. Following discussions and interactions between the FGC and the Administration, the policy may be put into practice. The Administration will, periodically but no less than twice annually, report to the Faculty Governance Council on policy issues relevant to the faculty. Specific duties for the Faculty Governance Council would include the following:
- Provide an additional mechanism for the views of faculty to be expressed and solicited by the College Administration
- Provide a faculty forum for deliberation, advice and suggestions with regard to college policies.
- Receive, consider, and refer matters from and to the faculty as a whole, based on recommendations from standing committees, special committees, or individual faculty members
- Make recommendations to the College Administration concerning review of the structure for standing committees within the college.
- Monitor and coordinate progress of committees related to the mission and goals of the college.
- Call for a faculty meeting, create or convene special committees and consult on the agenda of scheduled faculty meetings/retreats.
- Recommend and revise policies to the College Administration.
- Consult with the College Administration on policy implementation.
- Assist the Associate Dean in the annual updates of the college’s policy and procedures manual.
- Work with the College Administration in developing, implementing, and monitoring the College’s strategic plan.
Membership of the faculty governance council (FGC) will consist of 9 elected faculty members of the College of Pharmacy. Faculty will be defined as anyone eligible for service on the Senate. Three of the Council members are the Faculty Senators. Faculty from each department (5) and faculty from distance campuses (JAX, ORL) (1) elect one faculty member from their units to serve on the council. Faculty in a Dean, Director or academic unit head position will not be eligible to serve, unless he or she is a Senator, with the exception of the distant campus representative.
Members willing to serve on the FGC will be placed on the appropriate ballots within their respective unit. The procedure for voting within a unit will be determined by that unit.
The chair and vice-chair will be elected by the council for one-year terms. There is no limit as to how many times one may hold any of these positions.
Representatives on the Committee are:
- Julio Duarte (Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Frazier (Pharmacodynamics) – email@example.com
- Nathan Seligson (Distance Campuses) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Xing (Medicinal Chemistry) – email@example.com
- TBA (Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy)
- Teresa Cavanaugh (Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yousong Ding (Medicinal Chemistry) – email@example.com
- Randell Doty (Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Huigens (Medicinal Chemistry) – email@example.com
- Karen Whalen (Curricular Affairs and Accreditation) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shauna Buring (Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research) – email@example.com
- Chris McCurdy (Medicinal Chemistry) – firstname.lastname@example.org