The Tenure and Promotion Committee is advisory to the Dean, and has five main responsibilities.
- The committee conducts a review of candidates for tenure and promotion forwarded from the individual departments as outlined in the College of Pharmacy Policy Manual, Appendix B; College of Pharmacy Tenure and Promotion Plan.
- The committee conducts pre-tenure reviews for all new faculty members in the spring semester of the candidate’s third academic year. This review is forwarded to the Dean and Department Chair (and copied to the candidate), to document any areas needing consideration before the tenure and promotion process is started.
- The committee conducts the sustained performance review process. Individual tenured faculty who have held their academic rank for seven years or longer are evaluated as outlined in the College of Pharmacy Policy Manual, Appendix B; College of Pharmacy Sustained Performance Evaluation Plan.
- This committee assists the Dean, if need be, in evaluating eligible faculty members for the Salary Adjustment Program for tenured full professors as outlined in the College of Pharmacy Policy Manual, Appendix B; College of Pharmacy Salary Adjustment Program for Faculty after Seven Years in Rank as Full Professor – Professor Pay Plan.
- The committee annually reviews and provides any necessary updating in the College’s Policies and Procedures Manual related to Tenure & Promotion, Sustained Performance, and the Professor Pay Plan.
The committee is composed of ten faculty members. Five are tenured full Professors, one from each academic department, and three are tenured Associate Professors. There is also one full and one associate non-tenure track faculty member that can serve on the committee. These individuals only have an assessment vote on non-tenure faculty member promotions. The Dean, and Department Chairs and their designees (if involved in writing T&P letters) are not eligible to serve on this committee. All committee members are elected by the faculty, but no more than 2 members may be from the same department (this does not include the non-tenure track members of the committee). Elected terms are for 2 years, and a person may not serve more than two consecutive terms. The two year consecutive term can be suspended if there is a shortage of eligible faculty at either the associate or full rank within any one department. The committee Chair must be a full Professor, and is elected at the beginning of each academic year by the current Tenure and Promotion Committee members.
Representatives on the Committee are:
- Robert Huigens – Medicinal Chemistry – email@example.com
- William “Cary” Mobley – Pharmaceuitics – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guenther Hochhaus – Pharmaceutics – email@example.com
- Jay McLaughlin – Pharmacodynamics – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Krause – Pharmacodynamics – email@example.com
- Kalen Manasco – Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris McCurdy – Medicinal Chemistry – email@example.com
- Haesuk Park – Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Segal – Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy – email@example.com