All applications for promotion, tenure, and/or permanent status at the University of Florida will be processed in the Online Promotion and Tenure (OPT) System.
2019-2020 Promotion and Tenure Information:
- 2019-2020 Guidelines (PDF)
- The 2019-2020 Application template is in MYUFL. Web Browser should be set to allow pop-ups.
- Log onto MYUFL
- Go to Main Menu>My Self Service> UF Faculty Promotion and Tenure> Promotion and Tenure Packet> Packet Template with Activity.
- The Template will open as a Word file, with some sections auto-populated with the candidate’s information.
- NOTE: The Assistant In series in IFAS, the Health Sciences and the College of Law must use a different Template. These promotions do not use the OPT system and are decided by the relevant dean.
- Workshops will be available to cover the OPT system and T&P process on:
- Friday, March 22, 2019, 2:00pm-4:00pm, Room 6120 MSB/Shands (Take Atrium Elevators to 6th floor). Videoconferencing for COM/Jax employees in the LRC Auditorium.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 9:00am-11:00am, Reitz Union Chamber. Will be video streamed and recorded.
- To sign up for one of the faculty workshops please RSVP to Rosie Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webinar on Promotion and Tenure
- Request for Extension of Tenure Probationary Period (PDF)
Information about the Online Promotion & Tenure (OPT) system including instructions, FAQ, and user Guides may be found in the Toolkit .