A Sub-Committee of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee
The LGBTQ+ & Allies sub-committee will create and sustain a forum for college-level dialogue on issues directly related to the needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary members of the community and their allies at the College of Pharmacy, specifically to:
- Build on institutional strengths of the University of Florida committed to an affirming and inclusive community as articulated in Goal 1 of the UF Strategic Plan: An exceptional academic environment that reflects the breadth of thought essential for preeminence, achieved by a community of students, faculty, and staff who have diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Objective 1. UF students, faculty and staff with increasingly diverse demographic and geographic characteristics.
- Objective 2. A university climate that is inclusive, supportive and respectful to all.
- Objective 3. Diverse, robust educational and interdisciplinary areas of excellence.
- Objective 4. Increased globalization to enhance our effectiveness as world citizens.
- Generate and pursue ideas in greater depth, including opportunities to increase representation of diverse populations throughout the college community, maintain a welcoming and affirming campus environment, strengthen prospects for inclusive scholarship and learning, and engage the greater Florida community through outreach.
- Offer recommendations to the Faculty Governance Committee and the Dean of the College of Pharmacy that provide a pathway to inclusive excellence throughout the college community.
- Chair: Oliver Grundmann – grundman@UFL.EDU
- Rich Segal, Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs
- Lais Da Silva, Graduate Student Member – Gainesville
- Laura Davis, 3PD Student Member – Jacksonville
- Justin De Leo, Staff Member – Remote
- Alex Duarte, 1PD Student Member – Gainesville
- Yesenia Felix-Irizarry, 1PD Student Member – Orlando
- Tyler Holets, 2PD Student – Orlando
- Tamara King, Graduate Student Member – Gainesville
- Sarah Mazorra, Staff Member – Gainesville
- Eric Money, Staff Member – Gainesville
- Joshua Pullo, Faculty Member – Orlando
- Lauren Quiroga, 2PD Student Member – Gainesville
- Rafael Sanchez, 3PD Student Member – Gainesville
- Corinne Singer, 2PD Student Member – Jacksonville
- Teresa Cavanaugh, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs